SnVYSA Coaching Education
The SnVYSA U-8 Coaching Clinic is designed to provide the parent/coach of 5, 6 and 7 year olds with information on creating a beneficial soccer environment.
The course has been designed to address the specific characteristics of the age group and to present activities and games that are developmentally appropriate. This is a 2½ hour course.
The course can handle 12 to 32 candidates.
The SnVYSA hosted U-8 coaching clinics are:
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 from 6:00-8:30pm at Si View Community Center, North Bend
Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 from 6:00-8:30pm at Tolt-MacDonald Park, Carnation
Note: Attending only one of these clinics is necessary
- 1. Introduction and Orientation (15 minutes)
2. Field Session with Coaches: Appropriate Activities for U-8 Soccer Players (45 minutes)
3. Philosophy of Coaching & Characteristics of U8 Players (20 minutes)
4. Soccer Injuries, Team Administration/Risk Management & Laws (20 minutes)
5. Field Session with U8 Players, Instructor & Coaches with Kids (40 Minutes)
6. Summary and Questions
Si View Community Center: 400 S.E. Orchard Drive, North Bend, WA 98045
Tolt-MacDonald Park soccer field, 31020 NE 40th Street, Carnation, WA 98014
Required administrative forms:
- U8 Clinic Registration Form
- Registration Packet for U8 Coaching Clinic
“U8 Clinic Registration Form” requests a WSP Clearance Date. If you have no clearance on file, must go on-line to the internet / web and complete the Risk Management Acceptance form available on the Washington State Youth Soccer Association web site at the following link:
Bring your completed U8 Clinic Registration form to the clinic with you
If you prefer, you can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact:
Information for candidates:
- Participants should be ready to play. Appropriate soccer equipment is advisable for comfort, safety and enhancement of ability.
- Bring notepad, water, and a soccer ball.
- Candidates must attend every aspect of the course in order to receive a certificate. The certificate will be handed out, on site, at the end of the course by the clinician.