WELCOME TO THE SnVYSA COACHES' CORNER!
Welcome to the site dedicated to provide our phenomenal volunteer Recreational Coaches all of the tools, tips and social connection that you will need as you coach teams within the SnVSYA Recreational Program. We welcome your feedback if there is content that you would like to see posted.
2014 Recreation CupPosted September 5, 2014
Calling all U11 - U18 teams. Get your team registered for the 2014 Recreation Cup - registration is open now! Last year we had 15 teams participate where 4 of those teams won their D2 divisions. Lets keep up the awesome SnVYSA representation in the great tournament opportunity for our teams. REGISTER NOW online www.snvysa.org/registration
Recreation Player DevelopmentPosted August 19, 2014
We will be offering Fall Goal Keeping and Speed/Agility and Technical Mastery Clinics for the Recreation players starting in Sept. UK Elite will conduct the training sessions - SnVYSA subsidizes the cost, so fees are just $10 per session per player. Classes are sure to fill up fast!! Registration will be open effective 8/25.
Sounders FC TicketsPosted June 17, 2014
Back this year, SnVYSA will be offering a Sounder Ticket fundraiser for our Association. This is a GREAT opportunity to kick-off the 2014 Recreation & Premier soccer season. A percentage of the ticket sales will be donated back to the SnVYSA Association field development fund.
Friday October 10th 7:00PM VS Vancouver Whitecaps (Cascadia Cup Rivals!)
Saturday October 25th 12:00PM VS LA Galaxy
Click here for more information http://snvysa.org/SounderFC_Tickets
NOTE: 2014 Schedule could change due to weather or field conditions. It is HIGHLY recommended that you check back weekly to ensure that times or field locations have not shifted.
U6 - U10:
Your schedules are located at SNVYSA/TEAMS/SCHEDULES. You can search by day, team or coach name. You can also access your schedule thru your TeamStream account.
** Friendly reminder that Scores Are Not Recorded At This Age Level. Please note that some teams are starting their season on September 3rd or 4th, with the majority of teams having their first game scheduled on or after September 6th. **
U11 - U12:
Full team schedules are managed on the EYSA website. Please go to www.eysareferees.org. to access your team schedule. Click INFORMATION, then MATCH INQUIRY and update the search criteria, our club is referenced as "Sno Valley". All U11-U12 home games that will be played on SnVYSA fields will see their schedules thru SNVYSA/TEAMS/SCHEDULES
Scores will need to be reported promptly after each game.
Trouble Logging in?? - If you used EYSAReferees.org last year to report scores, you are already registered for this year. You may log on and see your team(s) and schedule(s).· Otherwise, you need to register with EYSAReferees.org as a "coach" - www.eysareferees.org/register
- Wait for a Welcome email to come back to you. We will process these as quickly as we can.
- Click on the hyperlink in the Welcome email to create a password and complete the registration.
- Now you can click on "Coach" in the left column and see your team(s).
- Click on "Matches" under "Coach" to see your schedule.
- To see the details of a match or enter the score of a match click on the "Match" number next to the match
U13 - U19:
Team schedules are managed on the WYSAY District2 website. Please go to www.wsysad2.org
- Click on leagues then schedules, you can use the criteria boxes to narrow the search
- You can also use the EKCSRA site http://www.ekcsra.org (go to information then match inquiry, again use the criteria boxes). This site will show you the details of the game as well as tell you if you have a referee (and if applicable AR).
Scores will need to be reported promptly after each game.
Quick Links to Recreation Team Tournaments:
Link to the WSYSA Tournament page
2014 Recreation Cup Tournament
The Recreational Cup is the WYSA State Tournament exclusively for U11-U19 recreational teams. The tournaments preliminary games are held within each respective District in October and November with the District 2 Final games being held prior to Thanksgiving. The District 2 champions will then proceed to the State Quarterfinals the first weekend in December, with the semi-finalists moving on to the second weekend in December to play semi-finals and finals.
Junior Jamboree Children’s Cup - September 21st 2014
This tournament is for recreational teams U7 – U11.
All games will be played at the beautiful Lake Sammamish State Park Soccer Complex and each team will play a minimum 3 games between 9am and 6pm. Tournament entry Fee was $150 in 2013 (TBD for 2014) per team and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Seattle Children’s Hospital. All players will receive a tournament pin; medals will be presented to the 1st and 2nd place teams. Please email Shawn for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
FMEJSC Turkey Jamboree - Nov 23rd, 24th, 25th
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR COACHES!
Big thanks to those of you who have stepped up and decided to coach this year! Please continue to reference the "Coaches' Corner" for training & education, hot topics, and drills repository. As always, if you have questions about practice schedules, game schedules, uniforms, etc - please contact your City Club Registrar (see Contact Us).
Helpful Links Just for You:
2014 Coach Letter - TBD
FIFA Rules of the Game -Click Here
A "Must Have" - Field dimensions and basic rules by age level (keep this one in your coach bag and car glove compartment). SnVYSA Referee Note Card
Soccer rules questions and answer website (askthereferee.com) - Click Here
Coaches Code of Conduct (For our Recreational Coaches and Volunteers)
The Board of Directors of Snoqualmie Youth Soccer Association is concerned about the conduct of all coaches and referees during games at all levels, from recreational to premier. We want to ensure that games are fair, positive and enjoyable experiences for all of the children and adults involved. To clarify expectations of coach conduct, we jointly expect all coaches to conform to this code of conduct.
With regard to players, the Coach will:
- Contribute to the overall success, physical, and athletic growth of the player through participation in soccer and aspiring to the following goals
- Endeavor to be a good instructor and a positive role model for team players.
- Believe that the score of a game comes second to the safety and welfare of all players.
- Endeavor to put winning in its proper perspective.
- Be accountable for understanding and competing within the letter and the spirit of the Laws of the Game.
- Teach players to understand and play within the letter and spirit of the Laws, as well.
With regard to opposing teams, the Coach will:
- Ensure that their players conducts themselves positively
- Endeavor to portray the team as a positive role model.
- Not coach, nor allow players to play, with intent to cause injury to opposing players.
- Will model positive sideline behavior and will ensure that team players, parents and spectators display positive behavior towards opposing players.
- Will emphasize winning without boasting and losing without bitterness.
With regard to Referees, the Coach:
- Understands and values that Referees, just as coaches and players, are attempting to do their best.
- Will instill in his/her players, parents and spectators a respect for that fact.
- Understands that their attitude and sideline behavior will influence other players, parents and spectators.
- Will display a controlled and undemonstrative attitude toward the Referee(s) at all times.
- After the game, will thank the Referee and will ask team players to do the same.
In summary, coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and the spectators on their side of the field, specifically as it relates to the referee, coaches, players and spectators on the other team. Verbal and/or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Coaches who don't follow the expectations described above may be subjected to disciplinary action from the SnVYSA Disciplinary committee, and could face suspension or being removed as a coach.
A soccer game should be friendly and unifying - a spirited social and athletic occasion for players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators. We thank you for your time and dedication with working with your teams and look forward to your partnership in ensuring that we have another fabulous season!
See you on the pitch!