The Micro program introduces the game to SnVYSA's youngest players. The key objective at this age is for every player to establish a basic understanding of the game, and get as many touches on ball as possible - all through the elements of FUN!
A. Team Formation:
- Maximum of eight(8) players on the roster and size 3 ball is used.
- Each team will play 4 players on the field. There are no goalies. (4v4)
U6 and U7 teams - Teams are co-ed.
U8 teams - Teams are gender specific.
- Parents should hear from their players coach by mid-July. If you don’t hear from a coach by July 25th, please email your cities Club Representative.
- Practices will begin the first week of August. Once the season begins, games will replace practices. If the team has a "bye" the coach may elect to hold a practice.
- Games are played with teams within SnVYSA and typically within the same local vicinity so travel time is minimized.
- Games are at 6pm but as daylight is lost, SnVYSA will adjust game start times.
U6 and U7 teams:
- Games consist of two 18 minute halves.
- Games are scheduled twice a week (on Tues/Thurs) and will begin early September.
- Games consist of two 23 minute halves.
- Games are scheduled twice a week (on Mon/Wed ) and will begin early September.
- Coaches are comprised of parent volunteers.
- Parent volunteer or mature family member volunteer to help referee home games. The home team is responsible for providing a referee for games.
- Parent volunteers to help with team management tasks.
- REGISTER HERE TO VOLUNTEER
D. Season & Time Commitment:
- The fall game season is typically the first week of September (after Labor Day) thru mid October. (Approximately 10 games)
- The time commitment is 2 practices/games a week for approximately 1 hour each practice/game.
E. Field Location:
Practice and game locations will vary by age group and city. View Home Fields by club/city.
F. What To Bring:
- Soccer cleats are preferable because they grip the wet grass and are good for lateral movement. No baseball cleats are allowed.
- Shin guards: All kids MUST have shin guards to play in any practices or games.
- Water bottle
Each player is provided a reversible game jersey by the association at no charge. Coaches will hand these out to players at a practice prior to games starting based on size requested during online registration.
Please encourage your player to focus on fun and learning the game. This is not the age to be keeping track of the score, or a win/loss record.