The District program provides continued emphasis on skills development, game strategy, and execution techniques. Players get exposure to competition outside of the association and overall fosters an atmosphere of love for the game while staying physically fit.
A. Team Formation:
Teams are gender specific with a maximum 18 players on a roster, 11 players per team on the field at a time and a size 5 ball is used.
B. Practices & Games:
- Parents should hear from their players coach by mid-July. If you don’t hear from a coach by July 25th, please email your cities Club Representative.
- All games are played on a regulation size soccer field.
- State certified referees will be assigned to referee games.
U13 & U14 teams:
- Games consist of two 35 minute halves.
- Saturday games are typically scheduled for all U13 (girls & boys) and for U14 girls.
- Sunday games are typically scheduled for U14 boys.
U15 & U16 teams:
- Games consist of two 40 minute halves.
- Saturday games are typically scheduled for U15 girls.
- Sunday games are typically scheduled for U15 boys and for all U16 teams (girls and boys).
- Games consist of two 45 minute halves.
- Games are typically scheduled for Sundays (girls and boys).
* Teams in this division are eligible to register for the Washington State Youth Soccer Association Recreational Cup (WSYSA) which begins in October.
- Coaches are comprised of parent volunteers.
- Parent volunteers to help with team management tasks.
- If there is no referee assigned to a Home game, a parent volunteer must referee the game.
- REGISTER HERE TO VOLUNTEER
D. Season & Time Commitment:
- Practices begin first week of August.
- Games will start the first weekend after Labor Day and end just before Thanksgiving.
- The time commitment is 2 practices a week for approximately 1.5 hours each practice and 1 game a weekend.
E. Field Location:
Practice and game locations will vary by age group and city. View Home Fields by club/city.
F. What To Bring:
- Soccer cleats, no baseball cleats allowed.
- Shin guards: All kids MUST have shin guards to play in any practices or games.
- Water bottle
Each player will need to purchase a uniform kit (This will include a home and away jersey, a pair of shorts, and a pair of socks). Order here: Uniform Kits